Looking to install Solar Panels but not sure of how to make the most of it? Solar Panels are designed to work for long periods. But there are many ways its productivity can get hampered. Our last month’s blog focussed on how solar panels can be maintained.
This time our in-house experts have listed down the ways in which your solar panels productivity can be kept consistent over the years. There are 2 main ways of doing this –
- Installing a micro invertor
- Installing a solar storage battery
1. Installing a micro inverter
Normally, solar panels are installed with one inverter in a grid system. Even if one of the panels connected in the grid produces only 50% of its output capacity due to various reasons like shading, dust, and bird droppings, the output of all the other panels also gets reduced by the same amount. This means the total output also reduces by 50%.
A micro inverter is basically a smaller version of the inverter which is customised to suit individual solar panels rather than the whole grid. Every solar panel in connected to a micro inverter instead of one large inverter being connected to all the panels.
Its benefits include –
- The output of each panel is completely independent which mean higher overall productivity
- They target each panel’s maximum power point
- The productivity of each panel can be monitored & helps identify any problem quicker
- Even if one of the micro inverters stops working, the others still continue to operate
- They can be placed in any direction or orientation as compared to other solar panels
2. Installing a solar storage battery
Solar storage batteries have become popular recently as a result of the rapid evolution of lithium-ion batteries & the latest technologies. Consumers now have the option of storing excess power that is generated by the solar panels. This not only helps in making maximum utilisation of the solar panels but also helps in keeping the energy costs low.
The LG Chem RESU 6.4 EX is one of the most popular solar batteries. Its benefits include –
- Compact Size & Light Weight – With an increase in power density of 36 Wh/l to 144 Wh/l, the LG Chem is the first of its kind ultra-compact & ultra-lightweight battery. Its unique design makes the LG Chem compact & easy to handle
- Expandable System – The LG Chem RESU 6.4 EX is one of the only storage products which offers an expandable storage option. The storage can be increased with two 3.2Wh modules which increases the storage to 6.4Wh, 9.6 or even 12.8Wh. This provides a great solution for households of all sizes
- Installation Friendly – The RESU 6.4 EX can be easily installed indoors. It’s compact size and light weight makes it easier to be mounted on sturdy walls as well.
For more information on the LG Chem RESU 6.4 EX & Solar Panels, contact Total Solar Solutions Australia today on 1300 486 825. We are authorised LG dealers and fully owned and operated Australian company for solar power, working with trained and licensed technicians and installers.